Nestled in the forest of Southern Maryland, Budds Creek Motocross is a legendary, world-class motocross track. It is a favorite among riders and fans alike, as it offers both great racing lines for the riders and a layout that is ideal for spectators. The Budds Creek track sits in a valley, so viewing is outstanding from many locations around the facility. Its natural terrain and scenic beauty have provided a backdrop for legendary races throughout the years, including the 1999 250cc U.S. Grand Prix in which Kevin Windham beat all of the world championship riders, including ten-time champion Stefan Everts.
On the international stage, Budds Creek hosted the 2007 Motocross of Nations, where a U.S. team made up of Ricky Carmichael, Tim Ferry, and Ryan Villopoto put in one of the most dominant performances in the history of the event, with Villopoto becoming the first rider in the history of the event to win both of his motos on a 125cc/250F machine.
Since 1989, Budds Creek has hosted a Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship event every year, whether it be a 125cc/500cc National, a 125cc/250cc National, or, in the current form, a 250cc/450cc National. It always promises some of the best races of the season.
When not hosting top-level national and international events, Budds Creek also hosts numerous amateur motocross races
"I was a racer in 1973 when a track near my family's property in Maryland opened up," Beasley says of his family's start at motocross promotion, more than 35 years ago. "It was in Hollywood, Maryland. It was run by a group of naval officers. Sadly, the track closed down in late 1973 due to zoning issues. Shortly thereafter, my family got together with the naval officers and opened up a new facility on our land." That track is known today as Budds Creek.
"The naval officers managed the track for three years and helped teach my family how to run a track," Beasley says. "Eventually, in 1979, the family business was handed over to me and I began running the facility."
- 2015 race tickets are now on sale here.
- Budds Creek Motocross
27963 Budds Creek Rd.
Mechanicsville, MD 20659
- Open Air Festival Seating
- Infield Track Viewing
- Covered VIP Viewing Areas with live PA feed, live timing and scoring, live race footage, private restrooms, and catering
- Large interactive Sponsor Village
- State-of-the-art sound system
- Event Simulcast on FM Radio
- Food and Soft Drink Concessions
- Free & VIP paid Onsite Parking
- Easy entry/Exit
- Onsite Camping
- No Pets National Weekend
- No bicycles
- From the North, Option 1:
Turn Left on Maryland Highway 5 South out of Waldorf. Continue Straight on Highway 5 for 16 miles to Maryland Highway 236. Turn right on 236 for 6 miles until it ends at Maryland Highway 234. Turn right on to 234. Track is 1/8 of a mile on left. Please use caution for Amish carriages.
- From the North, Option 2 (using North Highway 301):
Turn left on to Maryland Highway 6 at La Plata. Travel 8 miles to Trinity Church Road. Turn right and travel 6 miles to the end of the road at Maryland Highway 234. Turn left and travel 1 mile, track will be on the right.
- From the South:
Take I-95, 30 miles North of Richmond to Route 207. Turn right, this becomes U.S. Highway 301. Travel North 5 miles into Maryland. Turn right on Maryland Highway 234. Track is 10 miles down on the right.
Where To Stay:
- Holiday Inn: 301-645-8200 *Host Hotel*
- Econo Lodge: 301-645-0022
- Hampton Inn: 301-632-9600
- Super 8: 301-932-8957
- Waldorf Motel: 301-645-5555
- Bel Alton: 301-934-9505
- Days Inn: 301-932-9200
- Comfort Suites: 301-932-4400
- Master Suites: 301-870-5500
LaPlata: (1/2 hour North of track)
- Sleep Inn: 301-392-0065
- Best Western: 301-870-2466
- Charlotte Hall Motel: 301-884-3172
Dalgren, VA (20 minutes South of track)
- Holiday Inn: 540-644-1500
- Comfort Inn: 540-663-3060
Lexington Park (1/2 hour South of track)
- Days Inn: 301-863-6666
- Best Western: 301-862-4100
- Holiday Inn: 301-326-6311
- Hampton Inn: 301-863-3200
- Super 8: 301-862-9822
- Extended Stay: 301-725-0100
- Fairfield Marriott: 301-863-0203
- Fairfield Inn: 301-863-0203